an online word depository

Friday, July 24, 2009

I Must Find A Word To Replace "Blogging."

I hate the word "blog." When I hear people speak about "blogging" or hear them call themselves "bloggers" it makes me feel like I'm not getting a joke I would not laugh at in the first place while attending some awful bible camp.

I want to use another word in place of "blog," but before I do I must come to terms with the possibility that I may just be acting like a whiny little asshole who can't get over something that could very well be trivial.

Hell, it bothers me. The premise of blogging bothers me almost as much as the mundane and uninteresting things people blog about.

Hold on, making chili.

Christ, that's a lot of calories. It's like a John Goodman starter kit.

Fuck it, I'll just call it my online journal or just forget about the whole thing entirely.

*Edit August 2nd*
I am afraid that I was unfamiliar with the origin of the word blog. Clinton informed me that it's derived from web log, which makes sense. I still do not like the word, but I can live with it, especially since I would outright refuse to write in a "webjour," or an "onlinary."

1 comment: