an online word depository

Sunday, August 2, 2009

HOARK-ing

I have an old friend who asked to see some of the short stories I had written and I obliged. After she read a couple she asked me a strange question.


"Wow, how do you come up with this shit?"


I could not tell if that was intended as insulting or not. I asked for her to clarify and what she had meant was how do I come up with those ideas. The absolute truth is, they just occur to me while I'm doing different things, no trick, no magic 8 ball or anything, these things, like all great things, just come to a person out of the blue. That was the truth, but not what I told her.


I told her that I have a secret method for developing ideas that revolves around lighting a bunch of candles, praying to various gods, dancing to appease them, and walking around swinging my arms while making a HOARK-ing sound.


She told me that was interesting, and that she would have to try it.

I can't tell if she's fucking with me or not.


Back to the future story.

No comments:

Post a Comment