an online word depository

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shit Eating Monster

My mother asked me to read a book about weight loss for her as she contemplates trying a new method to lose weight. The book is called The Weight Loss Cure, what "they" don't want you to know, written by a man named Kevin Trudeau. Here's a bit of foreshadowing, I really should rephrase, when I typed written by a man named Kevin Trudeau, I should have revised it and wrote, written by a vacuous, hypocritical vampire named Kevin Trudeau.

I did not know who this man was when I started reading the book but it was not long before my bullshit detector started going off. Before getting to the actual chapters, I am informed that he is not a medical professional but is an author and journalist that is simply reporting his findings. In the same area he thanks a woman who actually wrote the book as he dictated it to her. So, an author and journalist required someone to type for them. Not a good sign.

I will summarize the rest of what I read and try to control the urge to shit myself with rage.

There was quote mining at the beginning of chapter 2 in which he uses a quote from Thomas Jefferson on governmental tyranny to try to convey that Jefferson had an opinion on health food.

The perfect solution for weight loss was discovered long ago but was snuffed out by the medical establishment in order for them to make money. By the way, Kevin Trudeau is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 billion dollars.

Once he got to part where you have to have regular colon and liver cleansing sessions I was pretty much sold on this guy being a huckster. My curiosity was piqued, I wanted to know if my assumption that he was a scientologist so I jumped on the internet. Fuck me in the ozarks this guy has a record of fraud. Honestly, spend 30 minutes looking into this guy and see if you can keep a look of horror from crawling across your face.

Even in my most paranoid of moments, I never thought that such a venomous human being could actually exist. I would excuse the fact that he deceives so many people because he first went to great lengths to deceive himself but the fact that he makes so much fucking money off of it, and that anyone with a roudamentary knowledge of persuasion can see that every single aspect of all of his media is designed to misinform but entice makes it clear that he's a god damned vampire.

He's a combination of the worst qualities of humanity, he's a lying, arrogant, deceptive false hope salesman who obviously has no qualms with fleecing people who's only crime is being too sick and tired to know any better. This man is more evil than Hitler, seriously.

Ugh, ranted when I should've just said "tired, going to sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment